It’s common to find traditionally built homes in many Chicago suburbs.
And that often means traditional décor – closets included.
What elements make up “traditional” style?
Here’s a great list. Keep in mind, the more you find appealing on this list, the more likely you favor this popular style.
1. Nothing is extreme. Not color, not shape, not size. It’s more middle-of-the road.
2. It is a mix of straight and curved lines and the wood grains and coloring are mid-range to dark tones.
3. Accessories play a significant role as features with this décor. This shows up in trims, moldings and clear glass. It also shows up as accessories of all types being displayed.
4. The display features show up in pairs in an understated, not too heavy, kind of way.
5. This style feels comfortable to almost any age. Think timeless.
6. Corner cabinets and chair rails show up often in traditionally styled homes.
7. White ceilings are the most common color.
8. Reproductions of historically original pieces are a mainstay (another, more common term for these items is “knock off”). Maybe it’s a replica of a desk Thomas Jefferson used or an architectural element that dates back hundreds of years. It’s recreated to mimic the original piece and incorporated into today’s homes.
9. Things match. So not only do they come in pairs – they go together!
10. No surprises. There’s predictability to traditional style that yields a very positive element. The ride is typically smooth.
So if you feel yourself nodding in agreement, not only with most of the items on this traditional list, but wanting your closet or home office to look like the ones we’ve created, give us a call. We’ll be happy to help you discover a custom storage solution with your style in mind.